Friday, November 26, 2010

A Day at Disney

A few years ago, and after some saving, our family planned a trip to Disney World! When we arrived at the gates they were running a huge special for Florida residents to get 3 days for cheap! yay! We had saved the extra money and decided to go for it and save day #3 to use right before we left for the field. Well, before we left for Canada we decided November 2010 would be the best time! Do you know it's November 2010? YAY! We arrived in Orlando on Monday and went to check in at our hotel. The day before Brenna had started running a fever. We all took so many vitamins trying to heal her quick and help the rest of us not to get it! Then, my Mom, Patrick's Mom and brother Marc, and our friend Estelle visiting from Quebec joined us that evening in Orlando.
We decided it was best for Brenna to stay at the hotel with Patrick and rest up for the big following day. I took everyone else to Downtown Disney.

It was so beautifully decorated for Christmas and we had a great time looking in all of the gift shops.



It was a difficult night. Poor Brenna coughed and coughed. Then, her fever spiked to 103.7. She didn't feel well at all. We had to get 2 hotel rooms to fit everyone, so the next morning I met Patrick and we tried to figure out what to do. Not exactly the greatest circumstances for a huge trip to Disney!
We decided we would head to Disney with plans for frequent stops for our Brenna. Her fever was down to 100 and she wanted to go so badly. So, we left right after breakfast to go see Mickey!
I added some flair to Callie's jean jumper to make her look ready to meet Mickey. She looked cute, but after the first 15 mins being in the park, I switched her to more appropriate Florida winter wear! Riding the Jungle Cruise







Poor Silas, he was so wiped out by lunch time!


One of our many waits in line.

Silas "escaped" from us a few times in line. He is so quick! But, he did so good, too!



Can you tell she's not feeling well? My Brenna was a real trooper throughout the whole day. Of course, it was Disney World, so she did enjoy it, but she started running a fever again in the afternoon. I can always tell in my kiddos eyes when they aren't feeling well.

I love experiencing Disney with my Mom. She's just like a kid again and wants to ride everything and fit everything in to our day. It's so fun!


My poor Callie Grace was pretty wiped out.




Silas loved the play area outside of Winnie the Pooh. I think it was one of his favorite things.



And the slide, too. It was a definite favorite!


I love Disney at night. Cinderella's Castle is so gorgeous lit up.




This is the 3rd time Patrick and I have been to Magic Kingdom together. This is our traditional picture we have had taken every year in front of the castle. I love my man!




We bought Silas and Callie Mickey ears with their name on it, just like we did for Josh, Beth, and Brenna's first visit to "Mickey's House"


Still smiley after a long day.



I love to take the boat back to the parking lot after a long day at Disney. It's so relaxing and a great end to a wonderful day. I'm so glad we got to go! We're already looking forward to our next trip to Mickey's house!


No comments:

Post a Comment