Thursday, November 4, 2010

My New "Game"

I am now completely hooked!! At one of Josh's football games, Mrs. Moore from Emmanuel Baptist Church told me about a really cool website that tells you what is on sale at Publix, then it leads you to sites to print coupons from the manufacturer on those same items. You end up saving a lot of money! I went to the site (iheartpublix.com) and started my printing off of coupons. I was very skeptical. Josh and Beth went with me on my adventure. We went through the store finding the things we needed. I still wasn't sure this would work . At the register I watched my bill go up and up. I don't usually buy too many name brand products. I find the generic usually tastes the same and you save a bunch by buying them. Then the cashier started ringing in my coupons and I watched my total go down down down. What a fun sight!!

Here's my loot! I $84.06 of groceries for only $34.88! Yay!! Some things even came out to being free. I am so hooked on this. Since my shopping trip, my sis Tay has filled me in on a few more coupon strategies. I can't wait until my next trip!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Amazing. I can't wait to get started. Loved watching and listening to you and Taylin talk about saving money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to check out Southern Savers dot com. She shows you all the coupons that you can "stack" and use at Publix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I'll definitely have to give it a try whenever we are back in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so interested in trying this 'game'. How long are you in FL for now? We are planning to move there in March 2011.

    ReplyDelete