Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hotel Life

This week we are in full deputation mode again. We started a Missions Conference in Riverview, Florida on Sunday and the conference ends Wednesday night. The church has put us in a nice hotel from Saturday until Thursday. Since our family has grown, it's getting more difficult for us to all stay in one hotel room. We don't mind, but usually the hotel staff do! :o) The church here so graciously put us in a very nice, roomy, comfortable suite. Since we've moved in for the next 5 nights, I thought I'd post a few happenings for us moving into a hotel. School is a necessity! Usually when the average family gets a hotel room, it's for vacation, or traveling to vacation. Normally that doesn't require doing school. Well, for us it does, otherwise we would be incredibly behind! It is harder for my kiddos to concentrate in a hotel room. Josh is here at the desk trying, but he somehow keeps getting distracted my his sweet baby brother, Silas. If there isn't enough desk or table space, this is one of the rare times I let my girls do their school on a bed. They love it! They spread out all their work, get comfy with lots of pillows and start working.
We usually bring lots of books with us. We stopped at the library and checked out bunches before we left Fort Myers. While Silas and Callie nap, it's a great time for school and book time.



My poor Bethy has been enjoying the hotel's hot tea in the morning. She's a lot like her Daddy and has allergy problems. There is definitely something here that is giving her the sneezes and itchy eyes. We started her again on Claritin today. We also saw an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor last week because our Pediatrician thought maybe her Adnoids are enlarged. Well the ENT doc doesn't believe they are, but he would like for an orthodontist to expand her pallate (I don't really know how to spell that word!) This should help open her sinuses and get rid of her colds easier. Maybe it will even help her with her allergies! She will have an appliance installed in the roof of her mouth that she will wear about a year, possibly two. Pray for my sweet girl, Friday starts the fun!
If we're going to be in a hotel for long, I usually bring my sewing machine. I always have a project I am working on, and it's a perfect thing to do while the kids are doing school!


I also learned a quick craft this week, but I'll post about those later.

Patrick has been distracted plenty by his baby girl. She is head-over-heels for her Daddy! And he knows it!
One thing we usually ask the front desk right away is if they have laundry facilities. We always need those! We're averaging a load and a half a day! Wow! The last church we were in gave us these.....Purex laundry sheets. Has anyone ever tried them?

Well! I completely recommend them!!! They are so perfect for traveling. You just pop the sheet in with the clothes in the washer, then transfer it to the dryer when it's time. It does everything..wash and soften! Amazing! Perfect for laundry on the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment