Friday, November 20, 2009

Good Intentions

Well, we are now officially in the second trimester of this pregnancy. So far, I've been very blessed with just about no pregnancy symptoms! Pretty cool, huh? The only thing I'm experiencing is some tiredness, but I don't know if it's from being pregnant, or from Silas becoming an early bird!? Anyway, the other night after dinner I was pretty tired and maybe a little grouchy. Patrick started running bathwater. I knew the bath wasn't for him, he's definitely more of a shower guy. I thought, "How nice, he's going to give Silas his bath" But, then, when he started lighting candles, I realized he was preparing a nice bubble bath for me. How sweet. He had a book ready for me, lots of candles, a fresh cloth and bar of soap...it was wonderful! Then, before I got in, Brenna decided she would help and give me a nice scented bath too. She peeled a tangerine and put the peels in my bubble bath. (Not too long ago I prepared a bath for her with flower petals and lavender oil) I do have to say it smelled so nice! The first 10 minutes were wonderful. I soaked and read and relaxed. It was great! Then, I had a strange feeling on the backs of my legs and my back. It was like something was stinging me! Then, burning me! I quickly realized that maybe baths with tangerine peels aren't the best idea. I quickly got out and tried to soothe my stinging skin with some baby lotion. Oh boy! It did sting for a little while! It was a wonderful bath, but next time I think I'll skip the fresh, burning orange scent!

2 comments:

  1. how sweet of your husband and daughter to pamper you a little bit - even though the orange peels stung! LOL One of my favorite memories of my husband from our children's younger days is coming home from buying groceries to find a hot bath, candles, a glass of tea (southern, you know!), and a book. It was wonderful! Sweet guys we have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is so sweet! Ed has done that for me so many times and it's always just when I really need it! =)

    ReplyDelete