Monday, June 24, 2013

Always a lesson to learn

As I was typing a message this morning to my dear friend, Mrs. Jan, I was reminded of the sweet lessons God is teaching me through this trial.
~He loves me.
~He knows what is best for me and will do just that...because He loves me.
~Patience....hhhhmmm.  I'm always trying to learn this lesson!
~He's the master of this situation, and there is nothing to hard for Him!
~He is always right on time.  My time table doesn't always match up to His.  It's me that needs to readjust.
~He gives me the encouragement from His Word that I need for that day.

     This morning I was reading in Deuteronomy 9 and I came across verse 3  "Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee"    Several years ago I wrote next to this verse, "In St. Barths!"  That made me smile this morning!  But, then I realized, this is true for my health situation, too!  I told Denise last night that if someone had told me last year that I would be having health problems and have to leave the mission field (and my family) for a bit, I wouldn't have believed them.  I've been so healthy! But, here I am.  Away from my family and facing the uncertainty of not knowing what is going on with my body.   This verse was exactly what I needed this morning.  He goes before me!  None of this has taken my Creator by surprise.  And knowing I am in His hand during this.....so blessed I am!

1 comment:

  1. So true. I love how we get just the right word at the right time. Prayers continue. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete