Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A New Protocol

 Many have been asking for a health update.  To be honest, I hate to post much about my health.  At times it can be discouraging to talk about the aches, pains and medications of Lyme Disease.  Everyday is different.  At times I battle with my pride because I just don't want Lyme Disease to define me.  I don't want it to be said, "Oh, she's the lady that is sick with Lyme."


  About a month and half ago I began a new Regimen called the Cowden Protocol that is known for helping people that have failed with their antibiotic treatment.  I wasn't looking forward to trying something new.  You never know how my body will react, the treatments are always so expensive, and I feel like I've experimented and tried to much!  But, as Patrick and I read the testimonials, we really felt like this was something I should give a shot.

As usual with a powerful treatment I began to have a "herx" reaction within the first week.  This is when the dying bacteria release large amounts of toxins into the blood and tissues at an alarming rate.  Usually my symptoms will increase.  And this happened when I began the Cowden protocol.  I was very tired, as in sleeping 18 hours a day tired.  My body aches in my muscles increased, it felt like I had hiked the Grand Canyon.  Many joints began to hurt and kneeling, bending and walking was painful.  And, of course, my chest pressure became worse and breathing became difficult.  This is what a Herx looks like for me.   All I wanted was my pain medicine, Patrick to sit with my while I cried, and my Mom.  I couldn't have her by my side so I cried into the phone instead.  My poor Mother.  She's always so sweet to hear my cry.

   After hanging up with me, my Mom went to church that night and stood up asking everyone to pray.  And pray they did!  That was about 4 weeks ago.  Since then I have slowly started to feel better and better.  I told Patrick today that I feel better than I've felt in a long long time!  My chest pressure is still there, and some crazy sporadic muscle aches, but I'm doing amazing!  My energy has been at an all time high!

 I was even able to go to a Couples Retreat in Alabama last week.  I stayed up way past my bedtime giggling with my friends that I hadn't seen in forever! I spent some wonderful one on one time with the man of my dreams.  And the next day I didn't crash!

We are praying that I am on the road to getting better.  As I shared tonight with some friends, I am so excited about how I am feeling!  But, even if this isn't healing, but a time of feeling better, I truly want the Lord to use me to glorify Him.  I pray that I will be healed, but if He chooses for me to deal with Lyme continually, as long as the Lord stays by my side, and gives comfort like only He can, then, "I can do all things through Christ!"  He truly does give me strength.  God is so good!

5 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to hear that you've been feeling better. We never know what is around the corner but we know who walks beside us. You will be fine on the journey and I'm just so glad to hear you have had some time away and some great times with friends and hubs. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Kami,

    I am so happy to know that you are searching for alternative ways to health :) Keep up the good work!! You can do it!

    We continue to pray for you!

    Love in Christ,
    Kezia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweet ladies for the prayers! God has been so good!

    ReplyDelete