Saturday, October 14, 2017

Meat in the Freezer

 I sure do love this hubby of mine.  He says that he likes to put meat in the freezer for us.  I personally know he just loves to hunt.  But, having a freezer full of meat is a blessing! 

 This year I decided to get a meat grinder attachment for our kitchen aid so that I could grind some of the venison.

It was very easy to attach and did a great job grinding up the meat.  It was very easy to clean too!  That's a bonus!


The end result was many pounds of ground venison (with some beef added to it for fat), Venison roasts and Venison steaks.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to have a few hunters in the family. I wish I did. I love wild meat, especially moose but deer is good to. My mom used to make some kind of a meat shredded meat mixture when I was a child. She would can it and it was fantastic for sandwiches. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the venison.

    ReplyDelete