Tuesday, November 3, 2020

They love their Preacher



I don't want to sound redundant in my blogging.  But, I have to say, VSIBC really is the most amazing church family.  They really do spoil us as the Pastor's family.  We know we are loved, which is something we don't take for granted.  They really are the best people ever!

This year, for Pastor Appreciation Day, they really surprised us.  Josh told us that for the Sunday evening service we weren't allowed to arrive early.  What?  We are always early!  When we pulled in the parking lot it was full.  And everyone was already seated.  If you have ever been to our church you know that we like to fellowship.  A lot.  It's funny that when my husband wants to start the service that it's usually so loud with people visiting and talking that it's hard to hear him. :o)

When Patrick and I walked in with our 5 children (the ones we still have at home) everyone stood up and cheered.  And I don't mean just a polite, conservative clap.  I mean hooting and hollering like we were in a stadium!  As we walked down the aisle people were shaking our hands and patting my husband on the back.  It just made me smile and giggle a little.  It was so sweet!

They sang our favorite hymns and then called my children to the front. They cheered and cheered for them and told them how thankful they are for our children's testimonies, faithfulness and love for the Lord. Then they gave each of them a gift card. This just made me cry to have them honored. They really deserve it. At times preacher's kids live in a fishbowl as they set the standard for other children in the church. They can really be crucial as to which way the culture of the church will go. To have them prayed for and honored did my heart (and theirs) so good.

Then they called me to the front and cheered some more, it was so sweet. They said things that made me cry and then gave me a gift card, too!



Then they called my husband to the front...there was more cheering, many more kind words and then told him that the church had voted to pay our mortgage for the next 2 months. What a blessing!! Christmas shopping here I come!!

Then my sweet daughter in law sang "I want to thank God for the man of God." That song always makes me cry. As she sang, each of the families came and hugged us and told us they loved us, shed a few tears with us and gave us a ton more gift cards and gifts. Thank you VSIBC for loving on us the way you do. We are truly living our dream life and we are so thankful for each of you! We feel so loved and so blessed. So many tears of joy!



 And what did I get with my giftcard?  Sooooo excited about that purchase! I'll post on it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am preachers daughter, so I get it & this brought me to tears. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful congregation they are!

    ReplyDelete