Saturday, October 11, 2014

So happy to share our news!

I've been bursting at the seams to share our news, but I needed to wait until the right time.  Well, now is the time!

As many of you know, returning back to the states for a medical furlough  was an unexpected twist in our lives.  To be honest with you, I struggled for quite some time with the fact that I was the reason for us to come off of the foreign field.  How silly that was.  After confiding in my husband of my feelings, he, along with the Lord, assured me that this situation was out of my control.  It was definitely something that God has allowed to happen in our life.  In fact during this time of my doubting, God placed a burden on the heart of two different preachers to call and encourage us.  He is always right on time!

 Once I had peace about God's path for our life, Patrick and I began to pray and beg God for wisdom.  Our hope was to return to the West Indies and get back to the work that had been started.  But, as our medical furlough turned from weeks, to months, to a year, we realized the Lord was shutting the door of St. Barthelemy for our family.  My doctor said that I will need to be under her care for at least another year.

At the end of August we traveled up to Braselton to meet with our Mission Board, Macedonia World Baptist Missions.  Through many tears (from Patrick and I, as well as the Godly people of Macedonia) we told them what we knew (about not being able to return to St. Barths), then told them, "We just don't know what to do!"  They counseled us to begin praying about church planting here in the USA.

So pray we did!  We searched maps and cities and looked for areas in America needing churches.  Rest assured the need is great!  On one of our trips to see my doctor, we decided to travel further north and explore a couple of areas that are in need of solid baptist churches.  It was at this time that we discovered High Springs.   We loved the area!!  As we drove the streets, we were burdened for this area of Florida needing the gospel.  We decided to pray some more and counsel with 5 Godly men in our life, including our pastor, Dr. Don Strange.  The response we received from these 5 men was overwhelmingly positive. After much prayer, we knew this was the place for us!

So, yes, it's been a roller coaster year.  But, I am so excited about the place God is calling us to!  It allows us to keep working in the ministry and have the blessing of being only an hour and a half from my doctor.

If you want more info, you can read our latest prayer letter on our family blog or you can check out our new website, America for Him!

I still have so much to share about what the Lord is doing in our lives!  But, that will have to be for another post!

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! Praising God with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you that God has given you direction into His will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate so very, very well to what God is doing in your life. It is such an emotional struggle when God closes the door to a place and people that you love.... but when you walk through those new doors He is opening, it becomes easier to understand His ways as you see His blessings. May God bless your family as you walk through these new doors of service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete