Thursday, June 22, 2017

To remove, or to not remove. That is the question....

Yesterday I was sent to UF Health Shands in Gainesville for a second opinion on the cystic lesion in my chest.  As I arrived I saw a gentlemen carrying a bag that said UF Health.  It made me think back to my post during my time at Mayo when I talked about getting a TShirt.  "Lord, could this be the place?"  I would love a UF Health T Shirt.  Or even a cute duffel bag.

I saw a Pulmonologist that was very kind.  He, like the other doctor, doesn't believe the lesion is causing my pain.  But, he said the doctor that would know for sure is the Thoracic Surgeon Team at Shands.  So, Monday I will see them and they will determine if we are on the right track or not.  Once again, we are praying for the Great Physician to whisper wisdom in the ears of the Physician I will be seeing on Monday.

I was reminded of the 3 Hebrew boys thrown into the fiery furnace.  I love their response to Nebuchadnezzar, "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us....but if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods"

But if not.  I need to have that kind of faith.  The faith that says, "Lord you know best."  and truly trust.

2 comments:

  1. May God give you and your family peace throughout the coming process and wisdom to all the doctors you meet. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyful expressed my thoughts. Wisdom to all the doctors is very important.

    ReplyDelete