Saturday, May 19, 2018

Riches


It is said that if you tried to measure all the grains of sand on the earth (which is impossible) there is roughly 8 quintillion grains.  What's a quintillion anyway?  A lot!  There are so many grains of sand that they are past finding out, unsearchable.  Just like the riches of Christ.
 "the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8)

In Ephesians, Paul says that his job was to preach about these "unsearchable riches."  Seems to me that's pretty much my job, too....to tell others about these riches that my God has.  As a Momma, mostly my time to influence others is spent in the home.  I am blessed to be able to share these riches with the precious treasures God has given to me, my children!

What is He rich in?

Rich in Mercy - Ephesians 2:4
Rich in Goodness - Romans 2:4
Rich in Forbearance - Romans 2:4  (tolerance, self-control)
Rich in Longsuffering - Romans 2:4 
Rich in Wisdom - Romans 11:33
Rich in Knowledge - Romans 11:33
Rich in Grace - Ephesians 1:7, 2:7
Rich in Glory - Ephesians 3:16 ( dignity, honour)
Rich in Kindness - Ephesians 2:7

We serve a pretty rich God, don't we?  And when we have a need in our lives, God says that He'll supply everything according to His riches! (Phil. 4:19)  When we need mercy, He's got it!  When we need kindness, He's got that too!  When we need wisdom, grace, and goodness...He's got it all!

So the next time I head to the beach (which I hope is soon!)  I want to pick up a handful of sand and think about God's riches that are unsearchable, uncountable, and so many that I just can't comprehend it.  What an amazing God that we get to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment