Friday, December 28, 2012

A Heart that Keeps


Oh how I’ve needed this heart study this year!   The Lord has taught me so much as I’ve focused on a new word each month.  I realized that my heart can never be trusted, and I must never follow it as the world says to do.  I must listen closely to Christ and the instructions He’s given me in His Word.  He’ll never fail me! 


I’ve also realized that keeping my heart right and close to the Lord is a daily battle.  I  understand why Paul said that he must “die daily”.  As I’ve looked over the words I’ve focused on, I realized that I desperately want to “keep” the commitments I’ve made to the Lord.  The times in my life that I have true joy, are the ones where I’m in the center of God’s Will and living for Him. 


My focus needs to be to “keep” the things that the Lord has taught me close to my heart.

Deuteronomy 4:9 “ Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;”

Deuteronomy 8:2 “And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness,  to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.”




2 comments:

  1. I really love this wall hanging and all the meaning behind it. Very, very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post, thank you for sharing! How important it is to keep our eyes on Him when the world is constantly beckoning. Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete