Monday, August 14, 2017

Answer to a call

Last Sunday was a very special day for our family.  But, before I tell you our good news, let me tell you what has been happening in the past year.  We've had a lot of interesting conversations with our Silas.  Here is how some of them went:

Silas:  Mom, I think God might want me to be a preacher, but I'm just not sure.
Me:  Silas, you just keep praying and asking God to show you.  The important thing is that whatever it may be that God wants you to do, whether a preacher, a fireman, or a trashman....you tell God yes!
-------------------------------------------------
Silas:  I just thought of a great message to preach, do you want to hear it?
-------------------------------------------------
Silas:  Mom, I think God is telling me to be a preacher, but I'm not sure.
Me:  You just keep praying.  There is no rush.  You'll know for sure if God wants you to be a preacher.
--------------------------------------------------
Silas:  Mom, I have a list of sermons from my favorite verses that I'm preparing.  Want to hear them?

 Then, right before church Sunday night Silas came to Patrick and I and said that he needed to speak to us privately.  We went into the back room.  He was nearly bouncing, with an electric smile and tears in his eyes, he said, "I know for sure God wants me to be a preacher!"  He talked to us about how he has such a desire to preach and God told him that is what he is to do!  Patrick and I were so excited for him!  He was so happy and couldn't sit still he was so excited!
That night, Patrick announced to the church that Silas had surrendered to God's call on his life to be a preacher.  What a blessing!  There were so many amens!  Then, he called all the men forward to pray for him.  What a sweet moment!

So thankful for a boy who said "Yes!" to God!  Can't wait until Sunday night....it's his first time to preach!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Such blessed moments to hear your son talk like that and to know in his heart that this is what God called him to do. May God continue to bless him and grow him into his destiny. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news to hear for sure. God bless you Silas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! I so admire you and your husband as parents. You (with God's help) are obviously doing it right. I want my kids to turn out loving God like yours do. That is my prayer.

    ReplyDelete