Monday, January 16, 2017

Ponder


2017.  We have barely arrived into the New Year.  Already things are in full swing.  Goals have been set and new beginnings happening.  It's exciting!  As 2016 came to a close and I began looking at 2017, I knew I wanted to focus on a special word for this year. It was a word that jumped off the page and made me really consider my heart.  A word that I knew if I could grasp a hold of,  my walk with Christ would be closer, my spirit would be sweeter, and things would come into better focus.

The word?'
 Ponder

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I think about.  What am I pondering?  What am I mulling over in my head?  What I think about and ponder, truly is a choice.  I can choose to ponder about the goodness of the Lord.  I can choose to think about the best things.  Why waste time thinking the worst?  Or even thinking about the worst that could happen. 

 Our minds truly are a battleground, and I'm afraid it's too easy to give the devil the victory in this department.  It's a place where we women can keep private and no one realizes what is going on inside our pretty little heads.  Yet, what we think about has such an impact on our lives every single moment.  Our thoughts influence us in our actions towards our family.  Our thoughts contribute to the way we handle interruptions and trials.  Our thoughts even have a control over our expressions and countenance, and we don't even realize it!

So, this year, I will focus on what I am pondering in my heart.  I'm so excited what the Lord has already given me and plan to be sharing soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's a great word for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19
    I love this verse, and enjoyed your 'ponderings'.

    ReplyDelete