Friday, February 24, 2017

Koreshan State Park

 We really are blessed to have both sides of our family living in the same city!  It's great to spend time with everybody!  We decided to take Denise to Koreshan State Park!  I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so it was fun to see it again and show the kids around.  And Denise is so fun and easy going to be with.  It was a great day!

For some reason, I thought Koreshans were indians.  I was wrong.  The story behind the cult of Dr. Teed is very sad.  This was their land and it was eventually given to the state of Florida.  I took this opportunity to remind my kiddos that the Bible really does have all the answers and God's Promises are true!!

 The park is absolutely beautiful!  We loved all the trees and plants.  The grounds are very well kept and have nice paths to walk around on.

 There are many historical buildings to explore, it was quite interesting!

 The park is right on the Estero river.  Of course, there are alligators in there!  Welcome to south Florida!

 We also saw people kayaking on the Estero river and there is a canoe rental place close by.


 The bamboo is huge!  We went on a breezy day.  I love hearing the sounds of bamboo.  It's God's windchimes!
Another beautiful park!

1 comment: