Friday, March 9, 2012

Heat Resistant Table Runner

I'm using up my Sanibel Scraps and adding a few extras to it. Have I told you I love this fabric! I decided to make a quilt-as-you-go table runner. But, I wanted it to be for my kitchen table, so I used the insulated/heat resistant batting. (like what I use to make potholders.) It works out very well when I have hot dishes to set on the table and it keeps my table pretty, too!




I made the back in this autumnish fabric that I got in Canada. I'm ready for Fall! (I know I should be preparing for spring!)




Another project accomplished that's useful and that I love!





I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for her finish it up Friday!














8 comments:

  1. Smart! I have a similar in felted wool but it is´nt this nice and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing something like this for my kitchen table. I love your fabric choices! I can see making a few of these for different seasons or holidays. Now to find some heat-resistant batting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I feel like Phineas & Ferb... "I know what I'm going to do today!!!" I have been wanting to make a table runner but a heat resistant one is BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it's not just pretty but it is also useful!
    Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Looks so great on your table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you love this fabric, Kami. The patterns and colors are delightful and it doesn't take much of it to brighten up a room. I think the Sanibel fabric could carry you through spring and summer and when autumn arrives you will only need to flip your table runner over. Aren't you clever? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made it.. It's cute :) Thanks for the inspiration!!! http://myquiltdiet.blogspot.com/2012/03/heat-resistant-table-runner.html

    ReplyDelete