Monday, January 20, 2014

Last Year to be in the 30s

On January 14th we celebrated my sweetheart's 39th birthday.  It was a great day!
 Of course we started our day with a big breakfast, presents and cake.  I tried a new recipe for an oreo cake.  It was good, but incredibly rich.
 Birthday time is always an exciting time around our house.  I always get up before the birthday girl/boy and decorate the house in their favorite color.  I was thrilled to find camo stuff in the birthday isle at Walmart.  But, for future reference...Camo balloons don't look so camo after you blow them up.  Joshua referred to them as diarrhea colored.  nice.
 Patrick was so glad to have his Mom come over that night.  She brought one of Patrick's favorite cakes that she used to make for him when he little.  It's a yellow cake with pineapple and raspberry filling with a delicious almond flavor frosting.  It was great to see Denise feeling well enough to come over for a bit.  I'm so glad God answers prayer!

Happy Birthday to my Sweetheart, the love of my life, my husband.  He's the best!

2 comments: