Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Time for an update

I guess it's time for a medical update since it's been a while. I keep waiting in hopes that I will have big news to share, but for now we are still waiting.  Our doctors are still searching and I've seen many doctors and had many tests done in these past months.  In the past 14 days I've been to the doctors 11 times.  So, my doctors have definitely not given up.

There are a few new things:

~ I was referred again to a Pulmonologist, who then referred me to a Cardiologist.  After wearing a 24 hour heart monitor, they've discovered my heart is skipping some beats.  Some of this is normal, but my doctor wants to discuss it some more on the 19th.

~My Primary Doctor also referred me to a Podiatrist.  I have what he is calling a "mass" on the bottom of my foot.  We first noticed this in January.  The doctor is a little puzzled as to why I am having things appear like this.  So, he gave me a shot in my foot (through the top.  Yikes!)  and in 3 weeks I will return.  If it's better, then it must have been fluid-filled cyst.  If it's still there, then it I will have to get an MRI, and then possibly surgery and biopsy.

~I have been seeing a new doctor that believes we need to get my body built back up to fight for itself.  He has been giving me IV Vitamin bags.  I have had 4 so far.  They are very draining!  I come home and just collapse.  They really thought these would give me energy.  I will decided in 2 weeks when I see him again if I want to do any more of these treatments.

~My new doctor also wants to recheck me for Lyme Disease.  I had one test for Lyme when I was at the Cleveland Clinic.  It came back negative and when we showed the results to Mayo, they said there was no need to visit this idea any further.  Well, my doctor believes that the test I had is not reliable at all.  So, we ordered a special test kit and it was put in the mail yesterday.  Results should come in about 2 weeks.  My doctor said that if this comes back positive, then it's a whole new ball game of treatment and we have found the reason for my pain.

So, am I still hurting?  Yes.  Daily.  Some days are much worse than others.  On those days, I stay home, take several hot baths, drink my pain meds and let my family take over.  They are so good to me! God gives so much grace!

 There are so many ups and downs to being sick, but I'm so thankful that God never changes!

Hebrews 13:8  "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day and for ever."


4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this...I do hope they figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your updates. It really helps us to know details so that we can pray more specifically. And we are continuing to pray for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always, always praying for you, Kami. I'm thankful that the Lord has lead you to doctors who keep searching for the cause of your illness. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying! Thank you for letting us know so we can pray with understanding.
    Happy Birthday (a little late)!!!! I loved reading about your day on your husbands blog. You are truly blessed with a wonderful family!!

    ReplyDelete