Thursday, July 2, 2015

21 Years

 It has been 21 years since my sweetheart and I said "I Do"  I am so blessed to have this wonderful man in my life!
 We knew we would be super-duper busy for our anniversary this year.  It's sandwiched between two of our kiddos birthdays,  4th of July is 2 days after, and we planned a big Church BBQ then as well.  Then, with preparing for the girls to head off to camp a couple days after....we knew it was going to be tough to really have an anniversary date.
 But our sweet children had other plans.  A couple nights before our anniversary, at the dinner table, we were handed an envelope.  In it was some money and instructions.  It said that we were to be ready at 6pm, the night of our anniversary for pictures, then to head to dinner.  Then, after dinner, our bedroom suite would be awaiting.  They are so creative!  And we were so excited!
 Then, Wednesday night, the sweet people of VSIBC surprised us with an Anniversary card and a gift card to the Great Outdoors (It is a nice restaurant in High Springs)  How thoughtful!

 So, after our pictures, we were ready to eat.  We had a wonderful meal, and enjoyed some much needed time together.
 When we arrived home our bedroom suite was awaiting.  These sweet kids thought of everything!
Many candles were lit and romantic piano music was playing.  There was a side table with coffee and hot tea.
 There were 3 mini pies for our dessert.  They also had found a movie on Netflix for us to watch and set up the TV.  They even had our jammies laid out and had sprayed my perfume on mine, and Patrick's cologne on his.  How thoughtful!  I have a bunch of romantics here!


 It was a wonderful evening spent with my love.  As Patrick prayed for our meal tonight, he thanked God for the 21 years He has given us together and said he can't wait to spend the next 21 with me.  I truly am blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a marvellous way to spend your anniversary. What thoughtful and romantic children the two of you have raised. How blessed you are. I love all the photos and thoughtful touches. Congratulations to you and Patrick and may you have many, many more lovely and blessed years together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, dear friend. Our anniversary was a couple of days ago too on the 1st though I didn't get around to blogging it. We've been so busy too, and are saving that special date for a time where the two of us can get away for a nice meal too. BJ tells me he has plans, and I am looking forward to it! :) So wonderful to be married to men who love God.

    ReplyDelete