Friday, September 8, 2017

The beautiful outdoors

On our drive from Ft. White to Blue Ridge we had so much fun talking about what our cabin would be like.  Callie said, "I'm praying it will have a treehouse."  I had to let her know that it most likely will not have one.  When we got there and she saw the porch, she said, "Mom!! God answered my prayer in a different way!  We have a house-house!!"  She explained to me that right under the porch is the perfect place for her to play and have her tree/house-house!  They had so much fun playing outside and especially loved all the rocks!

From our cabin was a path down to the pond and to the river.

It was a beautiful walk that was quite steep at times!

Then, it y-ed off with one way to the pond, one to the river.  We checked out the pond first.

It was such a pretty area!

Patrick fished for a bit, but it was like the owner of the cabin said.  The recent droughts have made fishing not so good from the pond.


So, we decided to go back to the trail and head for the Toccoa river.  Have I mentioned how beautiful it is there?

It was about a 15 minute hike to the river.  We ended up going there several days.  The kids loved playing in the icy cold water!  I played with them.  The cold didn't bother too much once my legs were numb!  My sweetie even caught some rainbow trout!

So much relaxing fun!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like a perfect place for a wonderful family vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete