Thursday, March 29, 2018

Celebrating 20



My sweet girl was about to turn 20.  Patrick and I knew we wanted to treat her extra special for the blessing she is to us.  We decided to take her away for a couple of days and spoil her rotten...if that's possible for my Beth!


We decided to head a couple of hours away to St. Augustine.  On the way I had a scavenger hunt for her.  When she completed the hunt, she could open the bag.  Inside the bags were chocolate, notes and spending money for our trip.


Or course, we had to stop for some donuts on our way out of town!


What fun we had browsing in and out of shops.  St. Augustine is such a fun city!


We explored and ate.  And found as many used bookstores in 50 miles.  She loved it!


She bought a ton of books and few treasures for her hope chest.  She's filled up her hope chest pretty well that she said she would get a second one, but she might end up looking too hopeful. Ha ha! :o)  That girl of mine makes me smile!


So thankful for the time we had together, just us 3. 20 years went by so fast.  She's grown in to a fine adult lady that we are so proud of.  And very blessed.  We love you Elisabeth!

5 comments:

  1. A lovely birthday for a lovely girl. Happy Birthday Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was so fun. I visited St. Augustine as a girl with my family. I am so happy you got to spend that special time together. I pray that my children will grow up loving God like yours do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Beth's purse! Where did she get it from?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you both for making Beth's birthday special. I really liked the used book stores part of the day.

    ReplyDelete