Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A New Year, A New Plan

It's here!  We said goodbye to 2021 and now we are on to 2022!  I love Christmas and holiday time, but there is just something fresh and exciting about looking at the year ahead.  I love sitting down and evaluating what worked last year and what didn't.  I love looking at the year to come and ask how I can do better.  It can just be so refreshing to wipe the slate clean and begin anew.  Anyone else with me on that?


This year Tabitha bought me a new planner.  Her and I can be so alike in many ways.  We love to plan and prepare.  Last year she tried a new planner from  In the leafy tree tops.  She loved it and as I watched her fill it up, she knew it was what I needed (or should I say wanted!;o)  ) too.  So, when I opened up my new planner from her on Christmas,  I was quite excited!!  I have enjoyed ( and felt pretty overwhelmed) filling it all in.  It is very detailed!! But, now that I have it all set up, I'm excited to work the plan!


As I've been filling in my planner for my coming year, I'm trying to keep in mind Isaiah 55:8-9,

 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


I know the Lord wants me to prepare and plan for my family.  I want to do things decently and in order.  But, ultimately, my life is in His hands.  There will be days that I have everything planned out perfectly and all ready to go, but He may choose to direct my steps differently.  So, in my planning this year I want to be diligent, yet flexible.  I want to live on-purpose with goals in mind, yet be willing to listen to the Holy Spirit's leading and let Him direct my path. 

I've been praying about a word to focus on for this year.  I am so excited about it and I will be sharing it soon!!

As I've looked to the year ahead, I've been reminded what my Mam-maw prayed when I was with her in November.  She prayed several times, "Lord, help me to always do right."  It was a sweet prayer, and that's my desire, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment