Saturday, January 21, 2023

To Continue Blogging?


 A really neat thing (for me) happened last week.  When I went to post on Silas's birthday, I linked back to when I posted that we were expecting him.  I realized that that was quite a while ago!  I've been blogging for about 15 years. Wow!  A lot sure has happened in those 15 years!!

As I've been looking at my time and evaluating my priorities, I found myself asking, "Should I keep blogging?"  I realize that blogging isn't quite the thing it used to be.  Now, there is youtube, tiktok and instagram.  People keep up to date with one another in many different ways.  So, should I still keep up with it?

But, then, I read what I posted on my boy's birth and announcing how excited we were.  My intent in blogging was first to keep our supporting churches and my family up to date on our deputation trail and then missionary adventures.  When I became sick, it became a way to plead with people to pray.  And pray you all did!  I've met some friends along the way.  And, honestly, it's been fun!  But, I've found that my purpose in blogging is to keep track of our memories and daily happnenings.  I guess you could say it's my form of scrapbooking or journaling.  

So, I came to the conclusion.  Yes, I will keep blogging and sharing about my precious family.  I will keep sharing my heart of what God is working on.  My desire is to keep growing into a vessel for His use.  And if I can encourage someone along the way, then it's totally worth it!

5 comments:

  1. Great!! I prefer blogs to Facebook and am not on the other stuff. I don't always comment but I always read and enjoy your photos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you will continue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided to keep blogging. I really enjoy reading about your family and your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that your blog many times not only is encouraging, but also used of God to keep me in the WAY. On a short leash, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good post. Like you I started blogging many years ago for a purpose. I was quite sick and learning how to navigate the new normal for me. It was my way to be a source of remaining positive and only posting uplifting and encouraging things to help others and to help myself. I'm still sick but better in many ways, thanks to God. Over the years the blog's purpose has shifted and on and off I've questioned whether I should continue for largely the same reasons as you. for now I'm still here. I find it's a good outlet for me to post a lot of photos, lol and also to talk about the missions from time to time. It's also helped me to go back and look at things that were happening and when so it has served many purposes. May God continue to use you, your family and your blogging experiences to reach others.

    ReplyDelete