Sunday, February 12, 2023

Balance

I gotta brag on my man here for a moment....
Before we were married he invited me to his house to watch the Philadelphia Eagles play. He introduced me to Randall Cunningham and how exciting the game was. We got married and I realized this guy of mine loved football and really loved the eagles! I was pretty clueless to all the rules and signals. So, I went to the library and checked out the book, Football for dummies. 😂 I learned a ton and grew to love the game too. And of course the Philadelphia Eagles! As our family grew it sort of became an unspoken rule that in order to marry one of our kids, you had to be an Eagles fan. ( I'm not sure that really worked with Brenna Blankenship 🤣 but we are working to convert AJ 😂😂) We have been thrilled to watch our team this year. It's been exciting!! We are so excited that we are going to play in the SuperBowl! So basically we love football. We cheer, we dress in midnight green. We hoot and holler and have a great time watching the Eagles!


But....my husband is also very passionate about serving Jesus. This is his priority. This is his ultimate love. Christ died for the church. Why would we miss a service for football? We will not. 

So tonight we will come home after church and catch the second half of the game. I've got beef already cooking in the crockpot for our Philly Cheesesteaks. We are decorated and ready. We will have a great time. 

 

I'm so thankful for a man that has his priorities straight. I'm thankful for a leader of our family that is balanced, yet incredibly passionate about what is really important. I fall more and more in love with you every day Patrick!

 

2 comments:

  1. Yea for the AFC, Pat Mahomes, MVP and the Kansas City Chiefs and hopefully next season the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a man who has his priorities straight. You are blessed indeed. I watched the last 30 minutes only of the football game. It was quite exciting. Sorry for Patrick and your family that Kansas City Chiefs took the game. I didn't have a favourite team but it was interesting that the MVP name in KCC has the same first name as your hubby!

    ReplyDelete