Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Calliope's Two Babies

 Last year we made the choice to be a little more specific in our farm endeavors. We decided to move into registered Mini Nubians. It has been so fun! When we picked out some registered goats to start with, I knew I wanted lots of spots and beautiful color. Calliope Jane was the first we bought.

We were so excited when blood tests came back that she had been bred to our Crusoe!! When it became apparent she was getting closer, we became on constant goat watch. I think I padded down a path to the Stork's Nest!
Then Patrick put up a camera for me to keep an eye on her.


It was during Sunday School that I noticed she was in active labor. I hoped she would like with for us until after church.
And she did!! Silas and I came home and went right to the pen with her. 
We watched and waited.

And then she was in the zone of concentration. She was getting close!!
A big storm came up about that time too!
It began to pour, and her babies began to be born!!
She delivered a buckling and a doeling! And just in time, we had to hurry to choir practice!


They are so adorable!!
And just like their mother and father...they are covered with moonspots!!
The doeling has an adorable upside down heart on her face. It's so cute!!



The buckling has a buckskin face a s frosted ears and mouth. So cute!!


I posted pictures of them on Mini Nubian Facebook groups, and in 2 days had a deposit for her. 

When they were almost 2 weeks I received a deposit on the buckling. 
They are just so cute!! It was hard to not want to keep them both!


Lots of fun Storybook Farms goals are being met and it's so exciting!!


It looks like this is going to be a busy summer for us with more beautiful goat babies due!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment