Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Desires of my Heart

I love the verse in the Bible that says " the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits" God is so good to us. He blesses us with joy, peace, love, assurance of our salvation...so many things! But, he also loads me with material "benefits" too. Sunday was my birthday and my family showered me with gifts, cards, flowers, cake and lots of love. Thank you family! You spoil me! I woke up to balloons, a banner and candles on my cake. I would post the picture, but I look like a huge marshmellow in my white robe, so I'll spare you! ;o) Last week Josh bought me une balancoire (a swing) and I love it! He also bought me a Cadbury Mint Chocolate bar. Ohh La La! It was fabulous! Cadbury chocolate is so creamy! Then, Brenna picked out 3 different fabrics for me. I told them I love anything quilting, especially fabric! I love the colors she picked out and I already have a pattern in mind. Beth bought me a handsoap dispenser. Patrick likes to keep the dishsoap out on the sink ready for use. Personally I would rather put it under the sink and take it out when we need it...you know, to make the sink look a little better. Anyway, this has been one of those marriage compromises and he has won this one for the past 15 years. I thought a handsoap dispenser filled with dishsoap would look so much better than the Palmolive bottle! So, that's what my Beth got for me and I love it! You should see my sink, now! (I'll have to post pics) And Patrick bought me a french Bible. I've been using a hardback, which is wonderful, but now I have a leather bound French Bible. I love it!

Then, Patrick surprised me with this Bassinet! I was so excited. With all of our children I always wanted a Bassinet. We've used different things for the first month or two for our other children, but deep inside I longed for an old fashioned bassinet. When Patrick surprised me with this one I was so thrilled and it works so perfect for our Callie.

I love that it has storage underneath. And I love that it has wheels. At night I wheel it closer to my bed and during the day she can sleep out of the way in our bedroom near the wall. We'll see how long it lasts. We should leave Canada when Callie is about 6 months old. Then, we'll buy her a crib for St. Barths (Silas's crib turns into a toddler bed, then a twin) If she outgrows the bassinet too quickly, She'll sleep in the pack-n-play. But, for now, she seems pretty tiny in her new bed!




Then, our friends from church went together and gave us some money to buy Callie some things (Thank you, Estelle, Lucie, Luc, and Donald!). We really weren't prepared to have a girl, that's for sure. We had everything left over from Silas, so I had already picked out some green and yellow things that would also do for a girl, but other than a few sleepers, we had nothing for a girl! My Mom is bringing a suitcase full of hand-me-downs from my sister Taylin (Thanks, Chloe!) so help is on the way, but when they gave us this gift to buy some things for Callie we were thrilled. Patrick and our 4 oldest went to the mall Friday to do some shopping. It was actually a dual purpose trip...to buy for Callie and to let them get out of the house for a bit! They came back with lots of pink goodies! Yay!
Thank you Lord, for your many blessings! What a great birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment