Saturday, January 6, 2018

One More Day of Fun


Time was almost up for Mom and  Dad to leave.  We love having them come to visit and it goes too fast!  On New Year's Eve we made ice Cream Sundaes. I think we put on more toppings than there was ice cream!


Beth and Brenna went to the all-nighter at church.  They came home the next morning and went straight to bed.  My sweet/innocent mother taught Callie how to tape up their doors.  There was so much giggling waiting for them to come out!


We waited....and waited...


 Finally that afternoon they each emerged from their cocoons.


I'm not so sure they found it as funny as we did!


The temperature dropped dramatically that day.  It was in the 30s!  And even dipped in the 20s at night.  That's cold for these Florida people!!  For Christmas, Brenna bought the three kiddos "snow" from 5 Below.  It's more like a gel substance.  We had fun, in the freezing cold, making snowballs to throw at each other. :o)



Even my Dad got involved!  So many great memories were made.  So thankful!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Silas!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grandma's sense of fun. I've been waiting to hear whether you got real snow where you live. I guess you didn't but I had heard on the news that there was going to be snow in Florida. I'm glad the kids has something resembling snow to play with. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so cold! (At least for us! Of course, nothing compared to your winters. :o) I have some pictures to share soon of the goat's water icing over. It was quite exciting for us.:o)

      Delete
  3. If you've never experienced that kind of weather before it can be quite thrilling. Where I live it isn't so cold. At least not right now. They are having a lot of snow and very cold temperatures in much of Canada but we are having a lot of rain. We had our snow from middle December for a few weeks but is now long gone.Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete