Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Warm...for a moment


This has been quite a cold winter for us!  We've had many nights in the 20s, which is quite cold for this Florida girl!  We've started getting back to some warmer weather and the kids are enjoying it.  Although at the moment we have the fireplace going and my socked feet are still cold!


While enjoying a little warm up after school, the kiddos called and said I had to "come see this!"  There was so much static electricity that Callie's hair was standing up.  Silas's hair was standing up, too!  You couldn't really tell with Micah's since he had a recent buzz cut after deciding to trim his own bangs one night.  Never a dull moment around here!


There was so much laughter!  I love it!


On a side note....a sad side note...my Canon Rebel that I bought years ago in St. Martin isn't shooting the same.  The shots just aren't as crisp as they used to be.   I have decided to stretch myself and try to learn manual mode.  It's like another language and to be honest I'm just not getting it!  I like the photo above that I got....but it's so white!


I think this one is better, and I absolutely love their expressions...they were having so much fun!


So, hopefully a new camera is in our future, but until then, I'll just keep experimenting and having fun!  Just like these sweet kiddos of mine!

2 comments:

  1. It's so heartwarming to see the children having a lot of fun together. I'm sorry to hear about your camera. Like you I have difficulties learning the manual mode. It takes time and it is hard to just sit down and find time to work through it all. I hope you get there though. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture taking technique makes absolutely no sense to me either. I hold and shoot and hope it turns out. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, and I don't understand why. BJ tries to explain it to me, but it's difficult to understand. He loves manual mode and uses it almost exclusively except when he's setting the camera for me to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete