Monday, May 14, 2018

Lovers Key State Park


While we were in Fort Myers, we decided to head over to Bonita Beach and visit Lovers Key State Park.  I had been here when I was a kid, but it had been a while.  We enjoyed it so much!  So glad Denise could come along with us! 




The beaches were absolutely gorgeous.  They really did rival the caribbean.  The water was clear and blue/green.

We found many treasures!  Sand Dollars....which stayed on the beach of course.  You're not supposed to bring those home!


Lots and lots of beautiful shells.



We also saw Momma birds protecting their young.  It was so adorable.  I think I could have watched them all day.


Momma bird is in the middle.


The boardwalks were very nice leading towards the beach and walking across the back bay.


We even saw some shark egg casings.  Cool!


They had a great sign full of the shells you could find and identify.  My kids loved it!




 We swam and enjoyed some sun.  Lots of  sun!




We even saw a Momma Osprey guarding her nest!  How cool!
I love how Florida State Parks are so diverse.  I feel like they are a homeschooling class all in themselves. 
Loving the great outdoors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment