Saturday, July 22, 2023

A New Endeavor

Wow!  What a summer this has been!  I realize that if I'm going to get caught up on my posting I might have to do a super long all inclusive post, there's so much happening around here!  But, we'll see how I decide to catch up. :o)

For now, though, I thought I would tell you something I am doing that's new.  At the end of spring we started milking Polly and Winnie.  We had fun making cheese and caramel and yummies, but we still had bunches of milk left.  I decided I would make some Goat's Milk Lotion.  We loved it!!! Especially my Patrick!  He said it made his sandpaper elbows soft again. :o)  

We started researching all the benefits to goat's milk for the skin and we were shocked!  So, we decided to see if any of our local friends would be interested in this type of lotion.  The ones that tried it also loved it!  I've received many comments of  "I love how this feels!!"  "My skin is improving so much!" and "The scents are so light and nice!"  

So, we decided to open up an Etsy shop, too.  It's been fun creating new scents and then hearing the great responses!

We have 4 different lotions.  The "Fragrance Free"  is the one that I've been using on my face morning and night.  I love how it feels!!  We also have "Anne's Raspberry Cordial" which has a berry scent with a  touch of lemon.  I think it's my favorite!  I also made "Miss Beadle's Lemon Verbena."  So far, this one is a favorite of people that have bought it.  The scent is lemony with some fruity undertones and a touch of fresh grass.  It has almost sold out!  And then Patrick wanted a manly scent.  So we made "Mr Darcy's Eternal Charm" that has a scent that is reminiscent of Eternity Cologne.

It's been fun creating new scents!

So go give us a visit over at StorybookFarmsFL!


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness now fun! Will you be restocking the lemon verbena soon? I wanted to order some and you're sold out! If not I'll order a different one, thanks for sharing! Cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hopefully this week I will restock soon!! I love that scent!!

      Delete
    2. We have Miss Beadle's Lemon Verbena back in stock!

      Delete
    3. YAY! Thank you so much! We ordered it today!!!! So excited!

      Delete
  2. I am very excited to try your lotion. For me, I would use the unscented as well. I'll probably wait until we go on furlough in June to order some because the post office here in Kenya is a hassle, so I hope you keep making it!

    ReplyDelete