Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My New Rocking Chair

Last week Callie started fussing during church. I took her upstairs to Pastor Roy's living room (we're meeting in his house on Wednesday nights until they get a building for the church) and sat and rocked her in their rocking chair. It was so nice and comfy! I cuddled with Callie and watched her gently fall asleep. I thought about how baby days pass so quickly. Rocking your child to sleep happens less and less as your child gets older.

After church I told Patrick that I would really like a rocking chair. I want more moments rocking my baby while I have them to enjoy and savor. We have a glider in our living room is broke. (it's the landlords. Our house that we rent here in Canada is furnished.) It's like there is a big bump in the track and half way through a rock you hit a huge bump and then there's the awful SCREEEECH. Not suitable for taking baby to dreamland! On our way home from school Friday we saw a yard sale at a local business. Out front was this rocking chair. A little old, but in good condition. It was very cheap, so Patrick bought it for me. When we got home he took off the awful skirting. Wow! What a change! Then, I recovered the cushions in some brownish/rust colored fabric.
It is soooo comfy and inviting, and guess what? It rocks without a huge bump along the way!! It's smooth and I've enjoyed many moments with Callie and Silas. Seperate sometimes, and sometimes both of them at the same time! I love the arms....the woodstain has been worn off. You can tell this rocking chair has been lovingly used. I wonder who was rocked to sleep in this chair? Who had stories told to them here? Who was loved and cuddled in this chair?

Thank you, honey, for my rocking chair! I love that you bought it for me simply because you love me and want to fulfill all my dreams. You're my Prince Charming!






1 comment:

  1. aww, I can just see you in your chair with Silas and Callie. So sweet. Remember holding both Beth and Brenna. Love your kids! (even the two I don't know!)

    Happy rocking!

    ReplyDelete