Friday, September 17, 2010

Lunch at L'Entrecote

My friend Estelle took us out to lunch in Old Quebec to a restaurant called L'Entrecote. Madame Claire had told me that it is one of the best places in Quebec to eat, and it was wonderful! It was a rainy day, but beautiful, nonetheless. I don't think I could ever tire from seeing the majestic Chateau Frontenac.


The food was absolutely wonderful. Do you see the lady in the background? She had a great time making Silas smile and she dried those glasses during our whole meal.


Silas is almost to the "terrific two" time in his life. He's more and more active and curious and it was a fun, busy lunch with him! :o)




I was in love with the soup. It's called 'Potage' in french. It was a cream of vegetable and it was amazing!
We all ordered the same thing as Estelle. She said they are famous for their steaks. We all love steaks, but Josh and Patrick really really love them! They were pretty excited! After the soup, salad and bread, our steaks came with fries and an amazing mustard based gravy. It was soooo good!


Patrick was so excited they had Chocolate Mousse for dessert. That is his absolute favorite! Beth, Brenna and I ordered the cream puffs filled with ice cream and swimming in chocolate. I forget the name in french that they are called. But I do remember that they tasted wonderful!



Afterwards we walked in the rain down rue du Tresor where they have artists selling their artwork.This is for you Mom! I saw this window with a quilt, bag and pillow. I knew you would love it!

Little Callie Grace slept through most of the meal. It was a great day. I love going to Old Quebec. Thanks, Estelle for a great lunch, great memories and a wonderful friendship!



No comments:

Post a Comment