Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday to My Callie Grace!

 Today our Callie Grace turns 2 years old!  What a joy and blessing she is to our family.  She is definitely a talker and uses sentences very well.  She will fit right in being sandwiched between two roudy brothers.  She's plenty girly and loves her "babies", but she can get plenty dirty and be rough and tumbly, too. 
 She's a great eater and tries new things easily.  Although she skips breakfast just about every morning.  It doesn't matter what it is, eggs, donuts, toast....she doesn't eat in the morning about 95% of the time.  Weird! 
 She's loving her new baby brother and looks for Mike-yah throughout the day.  She loves attention from her older three siblings.  Josh still says she's the prettiest girl on the island.  She loves when Beth gives her horsey rides and when Brenna plays that Callie's a little baby needing to be swaddled.  But, she plays the bulk of her time with Silas.  They play very good together and I love to hear them talk back and forth.  She's starting to pick up on some of Silas's sayings and habits.  Sometimes my Silas stutters and says, "Mom, mom, mom, mom,mom, mom..."  (It's super cute)  Well, even though Callie doesn't stutter, she's started saying, "Mom, mom, mom,mom, mom..."  Ha!
 I'm so glad I took pictures of Callie's first year on a month by month basis.  I've labeled it Callie's first year.  It's amazing to go back and see how she's grown so quickly.  I get teary eyed just thinking about time flying with my babies.

I love you, my Callie Grace.  I pray everyday for you to accept Christ as your Savior at an early age.  It's my greatest desire!  You bring so much joy to me and I love to just watch you make others smile.  I can just look into your gorgeous brown eyes and my heart melts.  Daddy's does, too. (And you know it!)  I thank God for letting me be your Mommy.  There's no other title I'd rather have.  Happy Birthday Callie!

2 comments:

  1. HAppY bIRtHDAy CalLiE GrACe!!!
    Love the pictures!!! She is sooo CUTE!!!
    Love her smiles, giggles, laughter and especially how she makes us feel when we come home....love it!! how she squeeles "Grannmmma!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Callie!!! Her pictures are so sweet. I love all of the different expressions you captured.

    ReplyDelete