Monday, May 21, 2012

Just about ready

After much waiting we received Micah's passport in the mail on Saturday!  Tomorrow Patrick and Josh leave for St. Barths and the rest of us will follow on Saturday.  I'm thankful that my Mom is going to travel with me and stay for a week.  I'm glad  to not have to say all my goodbyes at once!  So, here's a few pictures that I just had to blog about.  We've had so much fun!


 My kiddos love bubbles!  And Aunt Tay is such a sweetie to show them how to blow bubbles.  (Next time I need to wipe them off  Silas's face, though.  He was red for a week!)


 I don't know how many times we picked up dumped out legos.  I think most of these were played with when I was a little girl.


 Little Callie got lots and lots of attention from her older cousins.  She loves playing doctor with them and is always the patient.
 It was so neat that Claude was able to come and spend some time in Florida while we were here.  He even treated us to Red Lobster.  I LOVE their Coconut Shrimp and HAVE TO figure out a way to duplicate it at home.


 Denise made us a Turkey dinner one night and it was fabulous!
 Poor Micah.  He gets played with plenty by his siblings...

 and cousins!


 We've enjoyed lots of golf cart rides!

 And lots of smiles, too!

 3 of my sisters and my Mom took my Dad out for a ladies night.  We had a cute little hot dog deli that we had planned to go to with his favorite Koegel hot dogs.  But, it was closed :o(  So, he treated us to Rib City instead!  What a Dad!


 Silas made me some birthday soup.  It was one of those moments that he was so excited to see me eat his creation that I just had to get it down.  It was water (from I don't know where), smashed (by his cute chubby hands) bananas and grapes.  It was delicious (at least that's what I told him!)

 And then there's my parents....they're the best.  They let the 8 of us move in with them for so long!  They rearranged everything: their furniture, schedules, routine....EVERYTHING!  And I had baby Micah in their spare bedroom!  They are so patient with my kiddos.  Even with coloring on lots of walls they cherished every moment. It was a great visit and I love being with my parents.  Thanks, Mom and Dad for everything.  I will remember and treasure these past two months for the rest of my life.  You two really are the best!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kami! I love reading your blog! :) I couldn't help noticing that you mentioned Coconut Shrimp - I'm not sure if this is the same thing as what you had, but I just saw this recipe last night and immediately had to share it! http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2012/05/21/coconut-shrimp-bake-it/ I love KAF recipes...
    God bless! And thanks for all your Godly, wise, fun and enjoyable posts! :)

    ReplyDelete