Saturday, February 28, 2015

Someday I'm going to plant an apple tree...

Tonight as my husband and I were looking over this month's budget and planning for my Beth's birthday in a couple of weeks, I heard him say,  "She's really going to be 17.  I can't believe Beth will be 17."
It wasn't said in an excited way as if she will be reaching a milestone and we are so happy for her, but in a way with a lot of thought.  I could hear the ,"My baby girl is is turning into a lady, growing up too quickly before our eyes, and once again I am not ready for it,"  sound in his voice.  I think more and more he is realizing this. 

 And I've been realizing that our older girls are at an age where they could barely mention a desire, and their Daddy will work his hardest to make that happen!

When Beth and Brenna picked out which room would be theirs, Beth looked out the window and said, "Someday I'm going to plant an apple tree right there so I can watch it bloom while I'm writing at my desk."

So, when Patrick and I went shopping to spend his birthday gift card, it was no surprise to me that when he saw the apple trees for sale  that that was what he chose to buy with his money for his girl.

 I loved the look on her face when she realized it was an apple tree.  It was a sweet moment as they dug the hole and planted the tree.  Patrick was so excited to make her dream come true.  It makes my heart so happy to see their love for each other.

It reminds me of the Lord....you see I'm His daughter and there are countless times that I have a desire, one that wouldn't really amount to anything if it came true, except to put a smile on my face.  And the Lord does it for me.  Not because I deserve it, because I sure don't.  But, because He loves me.  What a thought!  The Creator of the Universe loves me and gives me the desires of my heart!  And I can't help but think that as I smile for His wonderful gifts He showers on me,  that it makes Him happy that I'm His girl.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet story of a Lord's love for his children and an earthly father's love for his. It warms my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Kami. That has happened so many times in my life as well. Amazing that He would look upon us and choose to do something special for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such sweet truth, it blessed my heart! I hope it is okay I quoted you on my blog. Please let me know if not. God bless you all as renovations continue!
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was sweet of you to put this on your blog Bree! God truly is so good to us!

      Delete
  4. I read your blog quite often, but never comment. This was such a sweet story. It brought tears to my eyes. I was crying at my work desk. You have such a beautiful family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete