Friday, May 6, 2022

She has her Bachelor's Degree!

We are so proud of our Brenna!! She has been so diligent to work and study hard to earn her Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education!


She's had a few hiccups along the way.  One was a little bit of a break down moment for her.  She was on schedule to graduate last year, or so she thought.  But, then the last semester she was told she was missing a class and that class couldn't be completed while she did her internship.  That was quite disappointing for her. But, she continued along.


When AJ asked to marry Brenna, she had one semester left.  We told him that even though we knew Brenna wanted to be a homemaker and not work outside the home once she was married, we still felt it would be wise for her to do that one last semester and get her degree.  We don't know what the future of homeschooling is in America.  There could come a day that you need a degree in order to teach your kids at home.  We knew if she put forth the effort she wouldn't regret it in the long run.  AJ agreed.  So she did her last semester and internship after she got married.
We are just so proud of her!

She chose to not travel up to Virginia to her school's graduation.  When I talked about a huge party she asked me to not even have that.  She felt that with just getting married, and now a baby on the way, she felt it wasn't right to have another party for people to bring gifts.  Her and I compromised and did a fellowship after church to honor her accomplishments.  At her request we did a fruit fellowship since that is what she is really craving!!

We are so proud of our girl and all the hard work she has put in.  She is so glad to have it done, too!  


 

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I got my degree in elementary and special education. A year after I started teaching, I quit to stay home with my three foster children (now adopted). Even though, I feel like my love for my kids is more important than than a degree as far as homeschooling help, other services like speech, OT, counseling (3 kids with special needs) take me seriously when I am working with them knowing I have a Special Education degree. I can also administer our achievement tests. Another benefit is a little more security knowing if my husband died, I have something to fall back on after being out of work for so long. Congratulations all around Brenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a wise decision to complete her degree especially when she was so close to doing so. A big congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Brenna! So happy for her.

    ReplyDelete