Thursday, August 18, 2022

Staycation Part Two

The next day of our Staycation we decided to go tubing.  I love going to Ichetucknee Springs to tube!  For our family, we try to go during the weekday and in the morning, that way it's less crowded.  And since public school has already started around here, we knew we wouldn't have to fight the crowds.

It was quite a memorable time. ;o)

When we got down to the river with our rented tubes, Patrick told everyone to make sure and hold onto the dock and then we would all start together.  The river flows pretty quickly where we were launching.  As Micah got in, he got really dizzy.  This is something my poor boy has been battling and the doctor has been trying to figure it out.  We have found that it will pass if he's still.  So we waited for him.  Once it passed we all got in our tubes.  Patrick was last.  Before he got in I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if Dad flipped over?"  Well, that' exactly what he did!! And when he came up his glasses were gone.  I let go of the dock to help him find his glasses, but the current took me down river.  Callie did the same and she was floating pretty fast past me.  Then, Micah flipped over.  Patrick realized it was futile to try and fight the current and was too deep to find his glasses.  He hurried to help Micah then catch up with me and Callie.  And then....kaboom!  Thunder and pouring rain.  It poured and poured and thundered and lighteninged.   It was not what we had planned!! After about an hour we hurried and got out at the halfway point.  Whew!


We came and got warmed up.  That spring water is cold!  And rain is cold, too!!
We heated up leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes and watched a movie.  Now that was relaxing!

We've tried to relax as much as possible, but still keep up with what needs to be done at home.  That means puppy care!!  And I hate to admit it, and I really am trying to not get attached, but don't you think Lady would like a home on Storybook farms??



We've played lots of games together.  We're keeping track of who has won.  The winner gets to pick where we eat Sunday lunch.
We planned some time at the park that the kids recently went to, then went for ice cream at my new favorite place, My Happy Place in Alachua.  I am in love with their Happy Parfaits!! This time I got vanilla custard with tie dye Italian Ice and Cherry Bobas.  Soooo yummy!!


I've relaxed and read by the pool,



  And enjoyed coffee and cinnamon rolls that a friend dropped by for me.

It's been a refreshing. relaxing time.
But I always say that you know it's a good vacation if you are refreshed and ready to get back to a normal routine.  I was ready!  And school starts the next day!!

2 comments:

  1. Well after the unexpected adventures at the river it sounds like you had a very relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Patrick's glasses and that the day did not go as planned, but glad you had family fun that evening. We've been enjoying some movies together lately too.

    ReplyDelete