Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Last of the season

It's warming up here in North Central Florida.  Spring has definitely sprung!  A couple weeks ago we had our last bonfire of the season.


It wasn't a planned bonfire, it had been a busy school day.  That evening was going to have different things that I needed to get done around the house.  So, when Micah asked if we could just sit together and have a bonfire, my first thought was, "No, I don't have time."  But then I stopped.  I realized something I had wrote down 2 years ago.  My goal as a Momma was to say Yes more.  It's so easy to get in a rut of saying No.  Have you ever been there?


All the duties of a Momma are ever present.  There is laundry, school papers, floors to sweep, preparations for the next day.....to do lists can seem never ending!  It's easy to put aside the fun in order to do what we think is necessary.  But, in the grand scheme of things, my kiddos won't really remember if I had everything "done" and crossed off my list.  What they will remember is those spontaneous moments when we just spent time together.

So let me encourage you, busy and tired Momma, say Yes today.  Say yes to throwing a ball or going for a walk.  Say yes to those things that you hadn't written on your list or planned to do. Say yes to reading a new poem that was written or a new story that your little one wrote.  They won't be little forever.  And they won't be in your home forever either.  Enjoy them.  Cherish them. Create memories with them, today!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to say 'yes' to Micah. He will surely remember the special times you had together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today, Kami. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete