Friday, March 31, 2023

When the dynamics change

I love when my family is all together.  My heart is truly content and at peace.  But, there are times when the dynamics change for just a bit and you embrace it.  Silas and Callie recently went to a youth conference at Clays Mill Baptist Church in Kentucky.  They loved it and had an amazing time!

So since we had two gone for almost a week, we planned some special things to do with Beth and Micah.  One thing was to head to the beach.  We had so much fun!! 


The beach we go to is about an hour and a half from our house.  Even though we live in Florida, we are smack dab in the middle of the state, so it takes us a bit.  This beach is on the gulf side with barrier islands helping to keep the muck and seaweed on the beach.  But, we don't mind! It actually keeps it more secluded. I love the salt air, the sand, the shells....I love the beach!!

Beth and I packed a snacky picnic lunch.  We brought our Bibles so we could do our devotions on the beach, and we brought plenty to read.  It was so relaxing and refreshing!



Patrick and Micah, on the other hand, fished and fished and fished.  They netted a couple of little ones and had a great time together.


I was trying to teach Micah the art of holding the fish towards the camera so it would look better.  I don't think he was quite getting it!



It's been a busy month or so.  And yes, this girl of mine really was asleep.  She deserved it!



 So thankful for time at the beach, for the salty air, for the sound of seagulls, and for the special time with my family.

1 comment:

  1. A well deserved day of rest and relaxation for those of you left behind.

    ReplyDelete