Ladies Spring Banquet

This year we decided we would do a Ladies Spring Banquet.  (Yes, I am very behind in posting.  But, I'm catching up!)  When we put it on the calendar at the beginning of the year, I began praying about the theme and the speaker.  I knew right away I wanted to have Mrs. Trish McCoy.  She accepted our invitation and I was so excited!  She has been such a blessing and inspiration to me for many years. So, to have one of my heroes come to speak to us was amazing!

Then, I decided to do the theme "Many Sparrows."  I wanted ladies to feel loved and of much value.  It was so fun keeping my eye out for bird decor.  It started popping up everywhere!


I friend of mine told me she would crochet doilies for our placemats.  Tabitha decided to help her.  What an undertaking!  They crocheted 80 doilies for our banquet!! They turned out so beautiful and each lady was able to take one home as a momento.




We had a beautiful picture taking spot set up.
I'm still so blessed to be able to lead the ladies of VSIBC.  Standing in awe of how good God is to me!


We had our Youth Choir ladies (+ a couple extra young adults) sing for the banquet.  They did so good!


We were packed!  And it was so fun to hear the hum of chatter and laughter.


The food worked out really well.  I came up with a menu of Chicken Salad, Lunchmeat sandwiches, fruit cups, pasta salad, chips, and veggie cups.  And big platters of homemade cookies.  Then, I assigned ladies to teams to make enough of each "dish" We had plenty of food and everyone was able to contribute.  I love how our ladies serve the Lord together!


Mrs. Sarah Berling sang "His Eye is on the Sparrow. "  It was so moving!


And then it was time for Mrs. Trish to speak.  Everytime I hear her I walk away with so many principles and goodies from God's Word!  She puts in me a desire to do more for the Lord, and then talks about how to do it.  So good!


And then all too soon the banquet was over.  Before we had to take Mrs Trish back to the airport, we were able to take her for coffee.  Us Gimenez girls talked her ear off!!  We laughed so hard and had such wonderful girl time!



 I praise the Lord for a wonderful day!  Great attendance, great spirit, wonderful speaking, delicious food, and a friendship deepening. Thank you Lord!

Comments