Monday, November 9, 2015

Winter Garden? We'll see!

 A few weeks ago we went to our library and they were giving out free seeds for winter gardens.  Winter gardens?  I didn't know there was such a thing!   Having my little ones in mind, I decided that "We" would try it together.

 So, we planted inside little cups the Cauliflower, Broccoli and Snow Peas.  We faithfully watered them everyday, then watched the little green sprouts come through the soil.  It was fun!


 Then came the day to get our spot ready.  Patrick had already tilled up the garden, so it wasn't too hard.  I read a book about wider garden beds, so we are trying that approach.
As I was preparing our rows, I started sweating.  It has been hot here in North Central Florida!  We've almost hit a few record breakers for this unseasonable heat!  I thought it was funny that I was sweating on my winter garden!

 We decided to keep our snow peas inside a little longer since they aren't supposed to tolerate anything above 80*.  We added bunching onion and carrots to our seedlings.


And Voila!  Our garden is planted!  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment