Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Time Away

 It's nice to be able to get away for a vacation. We weren't sure it was going to be possible this summer. But the Lord worked it out for us! And it was a wonderful little getaway. We are so thankful for Pastor Fuentes and the people of Central Baptist Church that opened up their prophet's chamber for us to come and stay for a few days. It was refreshing, relaxing , rejuvenating and just plain wonderful!
 While we were there we were able to visit the science museum. They had a lot of fun activities and aquariums.


 Callie was so excited to touch something that has been in space.
 I guess Irma wasn't enough for them. My kids loved getting in the hurricane simulator.
 And the next day we went to the zoo. I honestly thought this was going to be a teeny tiny zoo that we would finish in an hour or so. We really could have spent a whole lot more time there, but it was so incredibly hot! I was so thankful my friend Rose and her sweet son Matthew could join us for the day and show us around.

 Elisabeth , Silas and Callie, were my brave ones that wanted to feed the lorikeets. That was quite interesting! :-)
 Then it was off to the taco truck for lunch. Oh Me Oh My that was some amazing food! It was so amazing that the next day we had to do it all over again!
So thankful for a wonderful place to stay, wonderful friendship, and a restful vacation. Now it's time for school to start! And for Fall to begin. Where's my pumpkin candles?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had lots of fun. It also looks very hot. It's so incredibly hot here too. I think it gets hotter each day. Keep cool. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the expression on Callie's face!

    ReplyDelete