Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Encouraging the Preacher


Not too long ago, Pastor Don Strange (from the church that we are from) called Patrick to come preach for Tuesday Nights of Great Preaching.  Patrick has done this for several years.  It's always good to go back to the church you grew up in.  People are so loving there and so many are praying for us.  We love WRBC!

When we pulled in the parking lot I saw my hubby's name on the sign.  I decided to take a quick pic and send it to a group text that I have going with several of our ladies from VSIBC.  I don't think they realized it, but when I read their comments to him, it made him so proud and so encouraged.

They said things like,
"That's my Preacher!"
"Praying for Him!"
"I know he'll do a great job, he's the best!"

So thankful for such encouragement and for the church family God has given to us!  They are the best!!

Even though we've been in the ministry for 21 years, he's now been pastoring for over 3 years.  I don't say this flippantly, we really do have a wonderful bunch of people. They are encouraging and loving.  It's started me thinking about how to encourage a preacher.  I think a post is forming  in my head and I'm writing down some notes.  Every pastor needs encouraging!  I don't think most people know how much influence they have in helping their preacher.

1 comment: