Monday, August 5, 2019

Prayers Please?

 Several have asked for an update on my health. I am so very humbled, honored, grateful, thankful, and blessed to have people praying for me!

 Since starting my IVIG treatment in March we've seen a lot of results! Praise the Lord! After figuring out how to do deal with the crazy, nasty, side effects I began to feel a difference in my overall health. I usually feel the best the first three weeks after my infusion. But the week before my next infusion I notice my symptoms slowly creeping back in. So I am so thankful that we are on the right track!

Other than getting the side effects under control, we've also seen that my veins aren't holding up. It's getting harder and harder for the nurses to find a vein that will hold an IV. They don't know if it's from the steroids or the actual Gammaplex, but something is causing my veins to become very, very fragile. The last nurse that was here was almost wondering if she would have to try for an IV in my foot. Doing that made me very very nervous! But praise the Lord after only 3 sticks, she was able to get a needle in my hand.

It was then that she told me, like three other nurses prior, that I really ought to look into getting a port. I contacted my doctor to hear his thoughts and he agreed. So this morning at 11 a.m. I'm going to be under Conscious Sedation and be having a port put in my chest.

I know this will help my monthly infusion to go so much better. But to be honest I'm quite nervous. The thought of having a device implanted in my chest is a little scary. The thought of cutting on the side of my chest that has the most pressure is very very scary. But especially the thought of getting another IV has me quite scared.

Could you please pray that an IV would be put in easily today? I'd appreciate it so much. Pray that God will give me an opportunity to glorify Him throughout this whole thing! Thank you my prayer warriors!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your dear Kami. My late mom had a port too and it was much better than having to get IV for the same reasons you are experiencing. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you even now, my friend.

    ReplyDelete