School Year 26-27. What a great start!

It's that time of year again....time to start school!!  It sure is one of my favorite times of year. I love homeschooling my kiddos!  This year's start was quite emotional.  I knew I would be having 3 high schoolers.  No more middle school.  No elementary.  sniff. sniff.

I woke up for the first day of school and headed to my desk to spend some time with the Lord.  There I found a note from my Senior.   Silas is in 12th grade this year.  And he has my heart. 

Silas has a unique schedule this year.  We normally do a 4 day school week. This is what works best for our ministry family.  This year Silas asked if he could do a 3 day week instead and be able to work the other 2 days.  He has a truck that he pays for insurance and his summer job gave him a good taste of working hard and earning money.  Our deal is that he still has to keep up with a full Senior Schedule of schooling for this to work.  So far so good!  

He is taking a Consumer Math class that is full of practicality in business, taxes, banking....It's perfect for him!  He is also doing a Graphics Design Class that will get him an Adobe certificate upon completion.  He has an eye for creating for VSIBC.  And he can use that experience on his blog, too.   He is also dual enrolled at LoneStar Baptist College.  For now he is taking 3 college classes. His hope is to complete as many as he can in his senior year. And he is still practicing his trumpet everyday.  

To make everything happen he has been getting up at 4:45.  He spends good quality time with the Lord, then starts working on school.  By the time my alarm goes off an hour and a half later, he is raring to go and already accomplished so much.  I'm so proud of him!

We are pretty proud of our Senior!


Callie is my 11th grader.  This girl has so much smarts and talents!  She's an amazing homeschool student!  She has done so well with her writing and won many contests.  This year she is loving her Creative Writing Class.  It gives her challenging assignments everyday and I love reading her stories!!  She just wrote a really neat one that I told her would be a great children's book!  Maybe something will be in the works soon!  
She will also be dual enrolling for her Bible Class.  She is also taking a Biblical Archealogy class that is so in depth.  I graded her first quiz today and she had to label so many different specific pyramids and tombs from a certain time period.  Amazing!   
She is also learning Physics, and continuing with ASL.  She is also continuing violin and piano lessons. So proud of my girl!


Micah is my freshman.  I just love this kid and how his brain works.  He is so creative and skillful.  He learns when he sees and when he does.  So we always have some sort of experiment going, or demonstration, or even a fun way to cook, preserve, or bake his garden vegetables.  His new thing is mushroom hunting.  Praise the Lord we haven't died yet in experimenting and sampling! 
He also has a hefty World Geography Course, Algebra, Applied Engineering, Language, and keeping up with Guitar and Piano.  He's quite busy and I'm so proud of all of his interests!

I love our Genesis Moment.  It's our first class of the day where we all start together around the table.  This year we are doing something I am calling, "Life Armor"  where we are memorizing Scripture that goes along with different topics such as Work, Words, Bitterness, Peace and Encouragement and many more.  We are also doing a Campfire Curriculum unit called "Passport to Adulthood"  It has been so interesting!


This season of life passes by so quickly.  I want to soak in and absorb every moment and every detail.  This is a treasure to me and I am so thankful!


 

Comments