Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sincerity and Thankfulness

Do you ever find that in your daily devotional time, there is a theme that sort of "sticks" out in your mind? It's been that way with me for the past week. I have been reading in Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians. And I seem to keep running across the words "Sincerity" and "Thankfulness".

Philippians 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.

Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

"Be sincere" "Love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity" "Abounding therein with thanksgiving" "Be ye thankful" I want to be sincere in my everyday walk with Christ. I want to do this for many reasons. One of them is that my children are watching every step I take. Every victory, every struggle. They will know if I'm sincere or not. When you are sincerely thankful you remember who you are. I am just flesh, and I fail often. I'm sincerely thankful the Lord loves me like he does. He doesn't give up on me. He loved me so much, he was willing to let his own Son die for me. Me! We have a great God!
Redeeming the time,
Kami

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you can get the meaning across so all can understand. Love you, praying for you.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete