Thursday, January 28, 2010

Girls Night

I had fun planning a "girls only" night with my girls! They are so special and we enjoy special time together. We started off by giving each other manicures and pedicures. We loved picking out colors together and I found some nail jewels at the dollar store! I lit candles, had a special tea ready, and played soft piano music for a salon effect. We all 3 giggled and had so much fun.
Then, it was time for makeup! I don't let my girls wear makeup. They are way to young. When they are older (not sure on the age yet, probably 14 or 15) we've told them they could begin with a little lipgloss (although here in Canada we're letting them wear plenty of lipbalm that it looks like lipgloss!), then they can slowly move on to other things. I talked to them about when it is time for them to be allowed to wear makeup, that it must look natural and feminine. I told them that for tonight I will put on their makeup much darker than they will wear it. I told them this was more of a "Going out on a date with your husband" look. They loved that!
Beth prefers the pinky brighter colors.


Brenna tried the darker lipstick, but then she took it off right away. She prefers the peachy browns.



I had so much fun with my girls and when they showed themselves to their Daddy he thought they were gorgeous too. They couldn't wait to show their Daddy how they looked! After our salon time, we looked through the new American Girl magazine together while lying in my bed. Thanks, Mom for sending it to us! There are so many neat things in there, the girls are ready to add to their collection! Then, we watched Facing the Giants. I love that movie. It makes me laugh, cry, and cheer all at the same time! Thanks, Girls, I had a great time!






5 comments:

  1. they are so beautiful without makeup,but the eye makeup was amazing on them...good job, Kami. So glad you had a special time with them before you and Silas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look beautiful!!! But I've always thought you were beautiful. Looks like the girls night was a lot of fun. Kami, you did a good job on their makeup. But I didn't see a picture of you. Did the girls do your makeup?
    Love and miss you,
    Love, MOM/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I agree with the others, your girls are beautiful with or without makeup! You're a smart mama to let them play and experiment alongside you, so they will see what looks good and what doesn't, and have your guidance on proper application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun night! We love "Facing the Giants" and the rest of the movies by that same church. In fact, we took all three of them with us to Florida to watch with my family. :)
    So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete