Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Clean Machine

I almost had a panic attack the other night. I was sewing along steadily on the baby boy quilt. It was coming together so sweetly, then.....my machine wasn't working properly. Oh dear. I redid the bobbin and thread several times and my machine sort of limped along. I told Patrick that I need to clean it and oil it and see if that would help. The next day I came home from Walmart and Patrick had my machine completely in pieces. A little scary! I'm almost embarrassed to post the next picture, but here it is...my dirty machine. Patrick found some videos on youtube explaining how to take your machine apart and oil it and clean it. I think I've made approximately 9 quilts on this machine so far, several pairs of culottes and lots of odds and ends projects. I think it was time for a cleaning!
Thanks, Babe, for cleaning my machine. After he put it back together it ran better than it ever has! Yay! It's amazing what some maintenance will do....now, I'm off to finish the quilt!




1 comment:

  1. Way to go Patrick!!! Wow Kami, you have done a LOT of sewing. Let's go to the fabric store when I come up there.
    I bet your machine is sewing great!!

    ReplyDelete