Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Cake Fun

Once we arrived in Fort Myers my sister Tabitha told me that the homeschoolers in our church have been meeting on Tuesdays to have cake decorating classes. A talented lady in our church, Mrs. Loretta Lopez, is an amazing cake decorator. The girls were so excited to be able to start classes with her too. I love how the Lord continually gives us the desires of our heart. For one of the classes they made cupcakes for Pastor's birthday.


Then, the girls decided for their Aunt Keela's birthday (my sister) they would make her a cake. I called my brother in law and mentioned the idea. He said she really really wants a Kindle and it would be so neat if the cake looked like a Kindle. Patrick, the girls and I figured out a fun design for the cake and the girls started working.

The made a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling, then covered it with marshmellow fondant. Then, they made a Kindle out of Rice krispy treats and covered it with fondant, too.

The cake turned out fabulous! I'm so proud of my girls!

And they had one excited and surprised Aunt!


2 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMMMM Loved the cake!!! Great job girls....you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete