Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hello From Sunny St. Barths


We've made it! We're here! We still don't have internet or home phone...hopefully that will happen soon! (I'm soooo ready to keep in touch with my family again!) Patrick dropped off me and the kids at Mariane's (his aunt) while he went to get the car inspected. (Yay! It finally arrived today!)




But, I think I should rewind to last Tuesday, May 3rd.

It was hard to say good-bye to my sweet family. We all woke up at 4 am to be ready to leave by 5am. My Dad was up, (Of course, he's always up way before the sun!) and said good-bye to me at home. I miss my Dad already. :o( Then, me, my girls, Silas, my Mom, three sisters, and four of my nieces piled into the Edman's Van. Thank you to the Edmans! We finally managed to fit everyone and everything in the van and headed out to drive to the Miami airport. It was actually a very nice ride over. I was worried it would be hard for me the whole way over, but we talked and laughed and just enjoyed a great trip together. I love my family! Then, came the time to part. Of course, I boo-hooed with my nieces (they're going to grow up way to much without me!) then I boo-hooed even more with my 3 sisters (they're the best) then, it was time to say good-bye to my Mom. I always cry the worst with her. But, it was actually amazing. She'd been talking with our missionary to Honduras, Lois Howells' Mom. Lois's Mom has been such a blessing to my Mom. She said it's going to be hard, but God will give you peace. And it's so true! It was hard to say good-bye to Mom, but God does give peace. And she was trying so hard to be strong for me.




Then, the girls, Silas and I made our way through security and back to our gate. We were so excited! We tried our hardest to find some mini reeses cups that Beth wanted, but there weren't any to be found! Instead, we ordered a few slices of pizza for the plane, and some coke of course! (The coke that Silas spilled right before time to get on the plane, then, he got on his hands and knees and tried to lap it up like a dog! Talk about embarrassing!) Then, we boarded the plane. We kept heading further and further back to the very last row of the plane! Wow! I've never sat in the back. I turned around and glanced to see if the girls were behind me. Brenna was carrying Silas's carseat and was hitting every shoulder along the way! It was sort of funny, but I guess not very funny to each and every passenger being hit!

It was a good flight to St. Martin. Callie fussed a little then her and Silas took a nap. I was able to witness to a sweet lady next to me... Ms. Charlene. She listened to the whole plan of salvation and I was able to share so much her. She said she's really going to take time to think on this. She was coming on this vacation for that exact purpose, for some answers! Please pray for her!


It was interesting trying to go through customs and get all of our baggage. (4 large duffels, 3 backpacks, 2 strollers, 2 babies, and 2 carseats...all of this for 3 of us to carry! interesting to say the least) Once we finally arrived at our gate we learned out flight "no longer existed" (the words of the Winair employee) So, we waited an extra hour, took the bus to the runway, and boarded the teeny, hot plane. It was a little scary, and I think I'm more of a ferry-type girl, now! It was funny, though, Once we got in the air, I said, "Brenna, look that's St. Barths!" She had a very scary look on her face! Then, I realized she wasn't looking at St. Barths, but a small deserted island, that's more just like a big rock sticking out of the ocean. When, I showed her where St. Barths really is, she calmed down a little. She said, "I know it's small, but that really scared me!" We landed, with a little sweat on our brow. It was good to see my Josh and Patrick. I'd missed them so much! They were so proud to show us our home, and our island. But, I'll post more on all of that later.

Thank you for all of your prayers! Please keep praying for us! Hopefully we'll have internet soon....

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you arrived safely! I've been praying for you and I still will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy for you. I hardly comment but do pray.

    This post made me laugh. I can identify. Only, when we first flew to the Philppines we had eight, yes, eight carseats, ten carry ons, five strollers, one wheel chair and a service dog and yes...they were ALL ours!

    We'll be doing it again in a week Lord willing. This time our eldest 11 and 9 can help carry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Good to hear you made it safely and are adjusting to everything in St. Barths. What an exciting trip! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to say goodbye. :-( But so true "God gives you peace" I've prayed so hard for all of you. I think I finally ran out of tears (there were many the weeks before)and I was crying when I read this post but soon turned to laughter reading about Brenna hitting every sholder along the way. hahaha :-)
    Love and miss you,
    Love, MOM/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was crying and laughing the whole time! So glad to hear that you made it safely. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be discouraged! You are on a great adventure--and you have the best guarantee ever: "I will never leave you nor forsake you, saith the LORD." Look forward to winning your little battles, and remember we are all behind you with our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know I prayed for you and your family today. Hope you are all settling in.

    ReplyDelete